Saturday, September 27, 2008

Our God is Mighty to Save

We made it…today is the end of the 40 days of prayer.

Zephaniah 3:17 The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save


Today and tomorrow we get to actually DO what we have been preparing for AND it isn’t a practice. When thinking this morning about what to write (yes I left it to the last minute), the song “My Saviour He can Move the Mountains” kept going through my head. It reminded me once again of why we are doing ALL of these things. We serve a mighty and loving God. He is powerful enough to move mountains and He LONGS to save every person that attends the carnival today. I see today and tomorrow as an act of worship. We have planned and prepared so many things and now we can just lay everything down before Jesus. It has all been done for Him and now He can use it to show His power and love. All the work we are doing this weekend is done because we serve an Amazing God. He has saved each of us. He has shown us His love, compassion and power. Let’s use today as a way to show our thanksgiving and praise toward our wonderful heavenly Father.

The last part of the verse says:
He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing
This is how God feels about each of us…He delights in us, and rejoices over us…let Him quiet you with His love this morning.

For prayer suggestions I have the lyrics to the song below. Let it direct your praise and prayer.
Everyone needs compassion
Love that’s never failing
Let mercy fall on me
Anyone needs forgiveness
The kindness of a Saviour
The hope of nations
Chorus:My Saviour He can move the mountains
My God is mighty to save
He is mighty to save
Forever author of salvation
He rose and conquered the grave
Jesus conquered the grave…
IISo take me as you find me
All my fears and failures
Fill my life again
I give my life to follow
Everything I believe in
Now I Surrender
I Surrender…
Shine your light and
Let the whole world see
We’re singing for the glory
Of the risen King
Jesus Shine your light and
Let the whole world see
We’re singing for the glory
Of the risen King

No comments: