So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
It sounds hopeless…our human plans and methods won’t “win” people to God…this is why we need to PRAY!!! The Holy Spirit has inspired many GREAT ideas for Northridge and it is so exciting to see everything coming together. These efforts built on a foundation of prayer will be a powerful force for reaching unbelievers. The Living Bible translation explains this even more clearly:
2 Corinth 10:3, 4
· Ask God to show you specific people to pray for
· Pray for their eyes to be open, that they would clearly see God.
· Pray that they would no longer be deceived by the lies of the enemy.
· Pray that they would be humbled and see their deep need for Christ
· Pray for a strong presence of the Holy Spirit, over our whole church, in each ministry, so people will be able to sense God’s peace and love.
· Pray that God would continue to give everyone inspiring ideas for Northridge that will touch people and break down walls people have put up against the church
· Pray that God would help us not to be discouraged by what we “see” and that He would build our faith, increasing our trust that He is doing work that is “unseen”
· Pray that we would not loose focus or be distracted from our purpose.