Saturday, August 2, 2008

Devotional: Ambassadors

All this is from God, who reconciled us to Himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: that God was reconciling the world to Himself in Christ, not counting men’s sin against them. And He has committed to us the message of reconciliation. We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making His appeal through us.
2 Corinthians 5:18-20



This is another verse that I came across right when we were starting our “dreaming” about Northridge. Interestingly, it keeps popping up in different studies and books I have read since then. I may have shared it in an email before, but really felt the need to share it again.




I am an ambassador for Christ


Even though we have always had this position, I feel like I have just been given a promotion. I am Christ’s ambassador; I am His representative. This is becoming VERY real to me lately. An ambassador is an official messenger or representative. It is a minister of the highest rank sent to a foreign place to represent his ruler. I have done nothing to deserve this rank. It is humbling and a little overwhelming to know God has given me this title. And now it is my job to serve in this role. Me, an ambassador…okay…now I am really out of my comfort zone…how I need Your strength and courage now Lord!!




I am in the “ministry of reconciliation”


God desperately wants to be reconciled with each and every person. He wants His grace and His love extended to others. This is our job as God’s representative here on Earth. Above all else, I have been given the ministry of reconciliation. I am to represent God, His love and acceptance, His forgiveness and compassion. If God is going to draw people to Himself THROUGH me, then I need the Holy Spirit!! I need to make sure my life is free from anything that might block the Holy Spirit from working through me. What an honour to be used by God, to represent Him in this dark world. Now let’s go forward, as fellow AMBASSADORS for Christ and help others reconcile their relationship with God.



Prayer Items:

  • Thank you Lord for the honour of working with you, for allowing me to be one of your many ambassadors
  • Lord, open my eyes to any areas that you need me to repent of. I want my heart to be clean before you

  • I am becoming so aware of how desperate I am for you Lord. To do the work you have set before us, I need a fresh outpouring of your Spirit
  • Help me to see the people that you want me to reach out to, show me ways to represent your pure love and grace

  • Lord, help me to represent you in my home, with my spouse and my children. More than anything else I want your love to be felt in our home.

  • Lord, protect the relationship each person in my family has with you and may they each experience the joy that comes from living a life reconciled with you.

No comments: